Books that I have reviwed

  • Illusions
  • Spells
  • Wings
  • Crossed
  • Matched
  • Juliet Immortal
  • The Hunger Games Trilogy

Friday, November 25, 2011

Matched and Crossed by Ally Condie



Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows he is her ideal mate . . . until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black. The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.

I truly love these books. I swear, I'll have to read a book I won't like so you guys won't think I like everything with words on it. Well, anyays...

Matched: I've actually read this book 2 or 3 times. I really like it, and it's my favorite out of two (it's eventually going to be a trilogy, EEP!) Anyone who likes Hunger Games will like this book. It's kind of the same idea of a tyrannical, ,controlling goverment. Just the idea of it, it definetly gets you thinking. The details are really amazing, and it flows like it's poetry, (and might I say I love poetry, or anything that sounds remotly like it.) It's not a "Lets go punch people in the face!" kind of book, but it defienetly has subtle drama, and some not-so-subtle drama.  I really enjoy this book, and things just keep popping around the corners during it.
five star

Crossed: OK, I'll say it, this one doesn't have as much subtle drama. This one is much punchy than the last.It really starts right back off at the jaw dropping ending of the last one. I must say that this one just confused me emotionally, I couldn't decide how to feel about the people.  It's not confusing, but it confuses you. Once I was done, and walked all the way upstairs, I realized I missed something and ran back up there tearing the book open, which is a good sign for the quality of the book, less for the quality of my brain. Can't wait for the next one
Four star

No comments:

Post a Comment