Books that I have reviwed

  • Illusions
  • Spells
  • Wings
  • Crossed
  • Matched
  • Juliet Immortal
  • The Hunger Games Trilogy

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzzane Collins





In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she is forced to represent her district in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before-and survival


Holy Heck! I loved the whole entire series. I just recently read them, and figured I should let you know of the awe inspiring-ness of it all.
Hunger Games: I loved this book. I actually pushed off reading it for a year, and I really regret it. I love Katniss, her strenght and courage amaze me, and I wish that I was 1/10 as brave as she is. As for Peeta, where do I begin? He's just a well thought out amazing character. The other characters are so detailed that I feel hatred, sorrow, and love for each character in this book.The love scences weren't overpowering, but defiently prominent. When the book ended, I thought "How is she going to keep going with this series, How is it going to be better than this book?"

Catching Fire: How Suzzane Collins pulled this off, I don't knowIt's one of those rare sequels that adds onto the first book in detail. This is probably my favorite book in the series because my favorite character makes his apperance (hint hint Finnick) It's one of those books you think is is over and then BAM! something drastically changes. The characters are amazing and they evolve so much throught the series. I love hoe things from each book all tie to something else. They'll mention something seemingly miniscule in the 1st book, and that will be the basis for the whole ending of the 3rd. Perfectly sculpted novel.

Mockingjay: I hate comparing books to other books, but for those Harry Potter fans, this book is similar to the 7th book. This book is so sad (this whole series made me cry at least once per book) but fufilling. You're sad because there is death, and because the series is ending, but I loved the last installment in the Hunger Games Trilogy. The inner thoughts of Katniss ao much more amplified and darker than any other book. The pain and the horror she's endured will come back. It's filled with the drama and action(which really heavily starts halfway through this novel) and something much more.

Suzzane Collins knows how to entice, captivate, and ensare readers in a way I have never expreienced before. For about a week afterwards, I was still in a Hunger Games state of mind. Beautifully sculpted, and magical to read, this is defiently one of my personal favorites.
five stars

1 comment:

  1. Can you do a review of Paper Towns by John Green? He's my absolute fav author but I haven't gotten to read this particular book. Thanks!
    olympia

    ReplyDelete